Monday, December 31, 2007

Topical Forcing ... the twilight hour (betwixt and between).

Christchurch mayor Bob Parker says he cannot recommend walking on Christchurch streets after midnight as new figures show the city is the most violent in the country ... "Walking around our streets after midnight is not something I'd recommend to people ... it's crazy out there." (http://www.stuff.co.nz/4340824a10.html).
But ... Christchurch to switch off lights ... for climate?

What of the implications?

Christchurch Mayor Bob Parker said the event was a chance to "raise the bar" (http://www.stuff.co.nz/4341620a11.html), a definite reference to violence ... The city's key Civil Defence organisers support the initiative, which involves non-essential lighting. Street lights will not be affected ... but in those additionally created, dark recesses, behind lit streets ...

But it's OK, there would be no clash with the Crusaders - they play in Wellington on the Friday night - and at this stage all cities would mark the hour between 8pm and 9pm, although this may be adjusted in Christchurch, depending on summer twilight.

Orion chief executive officer Roger Sutton said it was appropriate that Christchurch was the first New Zealand city to sign up for Earth Hour because it was already forward-thinking.

Sooo ... it wont affect the rugger ... nor the violence, coz violence only happens After Midnight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Midnight), coz
After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.
After midnight, we're gonna chug-a-lug and shout.
We're gonna stimulate some action;
We're gonna get some satisfaction.
We're gonna find out what it is all about.
After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.





Almost, but not quite, a 'bob each way' Parker. Perhaps our Bob is simply trying to follow in the footsteps of trans tasman Big Man, Peter.





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya i am a newb here and think this forum is superb. I am going to contribute here and hopefully stick around! just wanted to say hi.

Thanks Alot.

Anonymous said...

Hi i am new here, I hit upon this chat board I find It vastly helpful & it's helped me a great deal. I hope to give something back & support others like it has helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Later

Anonymous said...

Sup i'm new here. I hit upon this message board I find It very helpful & it has helped me alot. I hope to contribute & help other users like its helped me.

Cheers, See You Later.

Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm fresh on here, I came upon this website I have found It exceedingly useful & it's helped me so much. I hope to contribute and guide other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya i'm fresh here, I came upon this message board I have found It positively helpful & it's helped me out alot. I should be able to give something back & support other users like its helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Later.

Anonymous said...

Howdy im fresh here, I came accross this chat board I have found It vastly helpful & it has helped me out so much. I hope to give something back and guide others like its helped me.

Cheers, See You Later

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i am fresh to this, I came upon this message board I have found It absolutely accessible and it's helped me out so much. I hope to contribute & support other people like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You About.

Anonymous said...

Hey im new to this, I hit upon this forum I have found It vastly helpful & its helped me a lot. I hope to give something back & guide other users like it has helped me.

Thank's, See Ya Later.

Anonymous said...

Howdy im fresh here, I came upon this site I have found It positively accessible and it has helped me so much. I hope to give something back and guide others like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, Catch You Later.

Anonymous said...

Greetings i am new here, I came accross this board I have found It incredibly accommodating and it's helped me a great deal. I hope to contribute & aid other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Later

Anonymous said...

Aloha im new here. I came upon this message board I have found It positively accommodating & its helped me out a great deal. I should be able to contribute & assist other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later